In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the Events Director reserves the right to:
- Reduce game times in order to catch up with the schedule.
- Finish game before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Create an alternate event schedule (if weather/field condition allows for it)
- Start an event later than originally scheduled (if weather/field condition allows for it)
- Convert tournament to a “festival” format (reduction of minimum game number) without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, the weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If lightning is observed at any location, play will be suspended immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on times. If the start of the second half suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
- The game suspended will play one 20 minute running half
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior). These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule.
- Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 25 minute running time periods.
- We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first!
- No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament. Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions.
- In the event the event is cancelled prior to the start of the event due to weather, a partial refund may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event by event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental & facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancellation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is cancelled.